<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Max Johns - Negotiator, Picton

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Another blog about another email scam

One of the great things about the internet is the way you get to meet interesting people from all around the world, and have them offer you millions of dollars...

---
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:21:22 -0800
From: Mr David Kwame
Reply-To: "davidkwame24@indiatimes.com"
To: "max.j@paradise.net.nz"

ECOWASBANK LTD.
37 High Street, Accra,
Ghans, West Africa.

My name is Mr. David Kwame, the Manager, credit and foreign bills of ECOWASBANK LTD .I am writing in respect of a foreign customer of my bank with account number D14-A55-096/utb/t who perished in a plane crash[Ethiopian airline 961] with the whole passengers aboard.

Since the demise of this our customer, I personally has watched with keen interest to see the next of kin but all has proved abortive as no one has come to claim his funds of usd.28.5 m, [twenty-eight million five hundredthousand united states dollars] which has been with my branch for a very long time.

On this note, I decided to seek for whom his name shall be used as the Next of kin as no one has come up to be the next of kin. And the banking ethics here does not allow such money to stay more than Eight years, because money will be recalled to the bank treasury as unclaimed after this period. Inview of this I got your contact through a search on the internet .I Shall give you 40% of the total sum .

I will not fail to bring to your notice that this business is hitch free and that you should not entertain any fear as all modalities for fund transfer can be finalized within five banking days, after you apply to the bank as arelation to the deceased.

When you receive this letter. Kindly send me an e-mail signifying Your decision including your privatetel/ fax numebrs for quick communication.

Respectfully submitted,

MR.David Kwame
Manager, Credit and Foreign Bills
---

Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 10:25:38 +1300 (NZDT)
From: Max Johns
Reply-To: Max Johns
Subject: Re:
To: "davidkwame24@indiatimes.com"

My dear Mr. David Kwame,

The opportunity to help such a fine and concerned fellow as yourself is surely one worth looking into. But first I must ask a question or two of you.

1. Why is a West African bank manager like yourself using an email address from indiatimes.com?
2. How did you find my contact details, and why did you decide to trust such an important job to myself?
3. Are you aware of the banking and tax laws of my country, and how they might interfere with the transfers you are attempting to make?
4. Who is the deceased party and where can I obtain proof of their death?

Submitted hopefully,
Max Johns.

---

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 01:22:11 -0800 (PST)
From: david kwame
Reply-To: david kwame
Subject: Details From David Kwame.
To: "max.j@paradise.net.nz"

Dear Max.

Greetings.

Thank you for your response I was actually thinking about your matter and the best possible means to transact this deal with you. This is no Joke and I am not saying you are the actual next of kin.

a.)My email address has nothing to do with my office or my status as bank manager .It is a matter of choice it all depends on where i wish to have my email address you can see i have not in anyway deviated.

b)I look at you as a responsible personality this is why i contacted because of your position as an educationists and also a sports man.i believe you will use your wide experience to safe keep this entire funds as soon as it gets to your local account.

c).First and foremost.We should be praying that the bank should approved this funds in your name. To transfer the inheritance funds to your local account will not be a problem. If that time comes you can as well instruct the bank to moving the funds to your local account bit by bit to avoid eyebrows,well as we move ahead i shall advise you on how the transfer of the funds is going to be handled in other to avoid problems.

d).Since the plane crash in the year 23-11-1996.Nobody has come forward to lay claims to this funds.Not even his friends or relative.However he did not disclose to anybody that he own account with Eco's bank before the incident.The bank did his own investigation to investigation to know avail.The only proof now is that the funds is with the bank.

I am explaining the whole process underneath and if you feel they are stone unturned, then inform me and I shall turn them. The deceased customer shared the same surname as you, and it will be much easier with my help to use your name as the next of Kin for you to make claim of this money. This will take 5 working days from the day we start the process.

But first we must get something straight that this transaction is a deal and it is only between you and I. By helping me make claim of the funds, you are at the same time helping yourself. You really do not need so much work from your side, just the simple fact that you must keep this transaction confidential because I am still a staff of the bank.

The time where your banking details are needed is not yet. The process is really simple because all you have to do is legally apply as the next of kin and with my connection at the bank, I will push all the necessary buttons to make sure your claims are approved.

But before I send you the Application Letter that you will then forward to the bank, what proof or guarantee do I have that you will not make away with the whole money after it has being transferred? How do I know you are honest?

All the procedures and process will be done legally so that it will not back fire in the future. We shall not go through any back doors and this will guarantee you that there will be no trouble after receiving the money. There is no hitch to this but for the fact that we are doing everything legit. I do not want my share invested; I will shed more light on this issue when the time
comes.

Await your response.

Thank you.

Your's Truly.
David Kwame.

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page. www.yahoo.com/a
---

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:33:45 -0500
From: davidkwame24
Reply-To: davidkwame24
Subject: REMINDER
To: Max Johns

WHERE ARE YOU ? I 'M WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU .
Indiatimes Email now powered by APIC Advantage. Help!
HelpClick on the image to chat with me

---

From: Max Johns
To: davidkwame24
Subject: Re: REMINDER
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:46:28 +1300 (NZDT)

Mr. Kwame,

Apologies for my lack of recent communication, I was on a hunting trip with friends in one of New Zealand's many bird game reserves. We were blessed by God and had many great successes, including the winging of one of New Zealand's famed kiwi birds in full flight. Do you enjoy hunting? The finest of our winnings was a full metre from beak tip to tail. The dogs eat well when the men shoot straight! But now our attentions must be returned to the financial matters at hand.

My hunting friends, whom I trust very much with all my soul, allowed me to learn from them about a number of deceitful people trying via email to defraud with tricks. I am told my these trustworthy gentlemen that a number of false claims are emailed to many people, in the hope that trust can be gained by the emailer and money dishonestly gained from the recipient. Can I be ensured that this is not the method of the current transaction? I would dearly love to trust you and help transfer the money of your bank, but I am now cautious.

What guarantees and assurances can you give me to differentiate yourself from electronic mailing scamsters? I trust that a swift answer can calm my fears and allow this helping of mine for you to continue.

Yours,
Max Johns.

---

Should I hear again from this new friend of mine, I'll let you know...