<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Lyndon Hood - resting, Lower Hutt

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Big Day, Yah?

If there had been riots in Tonga and/or the stadium thing had gone different, I would have expired of flusteredness.

And so it's time for the so-farwell-thens (Keith also has Graeme Edgeler's commentary on the injunction, which looks tasty in so far as I read it - as I say, busy day).

But if we're talking poetry, in the circumstances we might as well go to the source for Mr Hager's title (unless he was – and I understand he wasn't – thinking of the Comedy Central Show), a TS Eliot poem which was also, as we will no doubt hear ad nauseam, referrred to in a 2005 Michael Cullen speech.
We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Even if Don Brash is not hollow I don't think it's controversial to say that he's now entirely stuffed.

And the straw thing is as good an explanation for his timing as anything.

So while I'm in two minds about exactly how much noise his demise has or will make (certainly there was a bit of banging at one stage), if we're talking epitaths I can't let it go:
This is the way Don Brash ends
This is the way Don Brash ends
This is the way Don Brash ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.


Really New Hood: Nicky Hager - Guilty of Journalism?

Even Newer Hood: Leaked Brash Email of the Day

I know, I know: you wait ages for one and then two come along at once.